HEALTH & SAFETY OPERATIONS UPDATE
Our world has changed, and the world of meetings and events has changed with it. The health and safety of our guests and team members is our highest priority. Following the guidance of public health officials, we have made modifications to Mystic Lake Center operations. Our event professionals are here to help guide you through every aspect of safely planning and executing your next event.
We are practicing social distancing in our front and back of house spaces, and throughout every event. Seating capacities and floor plans will be reviewed before events to ensure appropriate social distancing. We have installed floor decals at congregation points, and are placing signage in our pre-function space and occupied meeting rooms. Breaks will be located inside individual meeting rooms instead of in our pre-function space. During large events, we will position attendants at each bathroom to maintain occupancy limits.
ENHANCED CLEANING & SANITIZING
We use enhanced chemical disinfectants to sanitize high touchpoints after every interaction or multiple times per shift. Each department has been trained on proper sanitizing techniques and follows a rigorous sanitizing protocol for front and back of house areas. All shared equipment and meeting amenities are sanitized before and after each use, or are single use if not able to be effectively sanitized. All linens, including underlays, are replaced after each use. Clean and soiled linens are transported in sealed single use plastic bags into and out of meeting rooms.
MASKS & HAND HYGIENE
All guests and team members must wear masks. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property and outside each occupied event space. Guest-facing team members must wear masks and gloves for food and beverage preparation and service.
FOOD & BEVERAGE SAFETY
We follow safe food handling practices and sanitize all food and beverage equipment. We have eliminated buffet meals in favor of plated or boxed meals. Individual bottled water will be provided in lieu of water carafes on meeting tables and water stations. Break items will be limited to single serving wrapped or packaged items when possible. Coffee and other break items will be attended and served by a server.
- Bread will be served to each diner individually rather than in a basket.
- Servers will bring appetizers, entrées, and desserts to the table on covered plates.
- Less formal settings may substitute upgraded box meals for individually plated dishes.
- Table settings will include hand wipes.
- Only roll-up flatware will be used.
- We will set only as many chairs as social distancing allows within a space.
- Servers will wear face coverings and gloves at all times.
- All serving trays will be sanitized after each use.
- Condiments will be served in individual containers.
Opened in 2018, Mystic Lake Center has a state-of-the-art HVAC system providing maximum ventilation. Both Mystic Lake Center and the Promenade hotel tower are completely smoke-free.
THERMAL SCANNING & HEALTH SCREENINGS
Non-invasive thermal scanning is being conducted at all entrances. All team members undergo a daily health screening. We will follow a specific protocol to address anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or reporting a positive test. Healthcare experts are available for all team members with free access to our onsite clinic.
BOOKING EVENT SPACES
Site visits and venue tours may be replaced by virtual tours when possible. We encourage those seeking to book a space to consider preparing a health and safety plan. Event setup and capacities have changed to follow social distancing guidelines. Please contact one of our event professionals for diagrams and guidance.
- Plan smaller settings at 90 degree angles to prevent attendees from facing directly across or behind one another.
- When possible, reduce pinch points within the attendee path.
- Increase barriers in settings by including screening, storage elements, plants or partitions.
- Higher space division and natural elements create separation and cognitive comfort.
- Create minimum 6 feet distancing between participants in meeting spaces, cafés and lounge spaces.
- Consider utilizing open spaces for meetings, leveraging flexible furniture with moveable whiteboards and screens to create boundaries.
Social distancing may need to expand for singers and musical instrument players. Their performance space, including on stage, should be arranged to maximize social distancing.